Here’s some basic information to help you navigate your first visit to Emmaus:
- Parking: There’s plenty of surface street parking plus two city lots on the east side of the Theater
- Entrance: Come in through the main Theater entrance on Lincoln Blvd.
- Greeters: You’ll be welcomed at the door by someone who will offer you a name tag.
- Kids Classes: At the counter in the lobby a kids ministry volunteer will help you can sign-in your children. They’ll receive a name tag and you’ll be given a corresponding i.d. tag to ensure a secure pick up. (You’re welcome to keep your kids with you as well). Please visit our Kids page for more information.
- Restrooms: Also off of the lobby immediately upon entry.
- Cafe: As you move from the lobby toward the auditorium you’ll walk through the cafe where we serve coffee.
- Auditorium: Sit anywhere you like!
What happens during our gatherings?
- Our worship gatherings usually last about 75 minutes.
- There are two main parts of our gathering: in the first part we sing and hear a sermon based on the Bible (you can view archived sermons here); in the second part we offer the sacrament of communion and sing some more. Between the first and second parts we pause for several minutes to greet one another and to share about community needs and upcoming events.
- We’re a multi-generational community from a variety of backgrounds.
- Dress is casual.
- You can expect a friendly welcome and freedom to participate or simply observe.
- You can count on a passionate, practical sermon rooted in the Bible and historic Christian orthodoxy and worship songs that celebrate the character of God.
- Bibles, notes pages, and activity packets for kids are offered to everyone each Sunday.
- First-time guests are present every Sunday.